Raising a Court Action

Whether you have a landlord/tenant dispute or are looking to recover funds from another individual, we will always do our best to avoid a court action which can be expensive and lengthy. However, on occasion a court action is inevitable. If your landlord will not carry out the repairs despite our requests, or an individual will not pay back funds despite our warnings, then the only way to obtain a result is to seek a court order.

If we believe that a court action is necessary, we will contact you and inform you of this. We will give you our advice on why a court action is needed and seek your instructions to do so.

If an action is raised, we will discuss funding options to ensure that you are aware what the action may cost you.

At Khan Law we are committed to assisting you with your legal issue. For some of our clients this is the first time that they have instructed a solicitor, however, we will ensure that we explain the process in full to you to make your customer journey as smooth as possible. We will discuss funding options with you so that you are clear on how much things will cost. There are no hidden fees.

If you require legal assistance, contact a member of our team on 0141 378 0514 or alternatively, complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch!

We have listed some FAQ’s below to assist you.

Request a Callback

Enter your details and a specialist solicitor will reply within 24 hours.

Meet us: 12 Fitzroy Place, Glasgow, G3 7RW
Call us:  0141 378 0514


How much will it cost me?

Depending on the work required we may be able to offer you a ‘fixed fee’ or if we decide to work on an hourly basis, an estimate of the total cost. The cost will depend on the type of work instructed.

What is a Fixed Fee?

A fixed fee is a set amount that is charged for any work carried out. If you are provided with a fixed fee, and you accept, you are only required to pay the fixed fee amount and will not be asked to pay anything more. Provided your instructions remain within the scope of the work agreed at the outset.

What is an hourly rate?

An hourly rate is where you are charged for every hour the solicitor works on your case. You will then receive an invoice at the end of each month which requires to be satisfied. We may also seek a payment to account at the outset of the action in order to ensure that there are sufficient funds to progress your case.

What if it is just a letter I need?

If it is a letter that you require, we can assist and will be able to provide a fixed fee for doing so. The amount of the fixed fee will depend on the length and purpose of the letter.

No Win No Fee

All of our personal injury claims will be dealt with on a ‘no win no fee’ basis. Which means if your claim is not successful you don’t pay a penny! Talk to us now on freephone 0141 378 0514 or contact us online to speak to one of our specialists today.

Find out more about No Win No Fee personal injury claims

Scroll to Top