Losing a loved one in a fatal accident is one of the most traumatic experiences anyone can go through. When a loved one has passed away in an accident that was caused by another person or an organisation’s negligent actions, you, as a relative or someone very close to the victim, may be able to claim for compensation. While nothing can alleviate the pain that comes with the death of a loved one, compensation is intended to support you as you cope with the emotional and financial impact of losing someone close to you.
At Khan Law we are committed to assisting you in claiming compensation. For some of our clients this is the first time that they are claiming compensation. However, we will ensure that we explain the process in full to you to make your customer journey as smooth as possible. In fact, we have highlighted our process below, just so you can see for yourself.
We will assist you throughout the process and will do so on a ‘no win no fee basis’ so it doesn’t cost you a penny! We will provide you with our advice on any offers we receive on your behalf to ensure that you receive the best possible result. At Khan Law we want to make the process of obtaining compensation as simple, easy and convenient as possible. Which is why we will do all we can to further your claim without you having to go out your way.
If you wish to make a claim, contact a member of our team on 0141 378 0514 or alternatively, complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch!
We have listed some FAQ’s below to assist you.
It all starts with you. You can contact us by telephone or complete the online enquiry form to begin the process.
1. Once we have received your details a member of our team will contact you and take the necessary information to ascertain whether you have a valid claim.
2. We will then enter into negotiations with the ‘at fault’ person/organisation’s insurance.
3. We will negotiate a settlement with their insurance company. Throughout the process, we will give you our professional advice on any offers received.
4. Once an offer is accepted, you will receive a cheque with your settlement amount within a few weeks.
If you want to make a claim resulting from a fatal accident, or just need some advice. You can contact a member of our team by any of the following means:
Meet us: 12 Fitzroy Place, Glasgow, G3 7RW
Call us: 0141 378 0514
Generally a spouse, civil partner, cohabitee, parents, children and siblings of the deceased can make a claim.
The two general areas that you may be able to claim compensation for are:
- the grief and suffering you have experienced following the death of your loved one (known as bereavement damages); and
- the loss of financial support following the victim’s death (known as loss of dependency).
NOTHING! We pursue all of our claims on a ‘no win no fee’ basis which means you don’t pay a penny if you are not successful.
No Win No Fee
All of our personal injury claims will be dealt with on a ‘no win no fee’ basis. Which means if your claim is not successful you don’t pay a penny! Talk to us now on freephone 0141 378 0514 or contact us online to speak to one of our specialists today.