Uninsured/Untraced Drivers

Claiming Compensation

You are only entitled to claim compensation up to 3 years from the date of your accident (or 16th Birthday if you were a minor at the time), after this date you will no longer be able to claim.

Unfortunately, sometimes we are involved in accidents that are not our fault but the other driver is either uninsured or does not stop to provide their details (untraced). In such cases client’s would have to attempt to sue the driver directly in order to obtain compensation. However, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) operate an uninsured driver’s scheme and an untraced driver’s scheme. Which means that if the other driver is uninsured or does not stop to provide their insurance details you are able to obtain compensation via the MIB. It is important to note that you must report the incident to the Police in order to claim through the MIB.

At Khan Law we are committed to assisting you in claiming compensation for your injury. For some of our clients this is the first time that they are claiming compensation. However, we will ensure that we explain the process in full to you to make your customer journey as smooth as possible. In fact, we have highlighted our process below, just so you can see for yourself.

We will assist you throughout the process and will do so on a ‘no win no fee basis’ so it doesn’t cost you a penny! We will provide you with our advice on any offers we receive on your behalf to ensure that you receive the best possible result. At Khan Law we want to make the process of obtaining compensation as simple, easy and convenient as possible. Which is why we will do all we can to further your claim without you having to go out your way.

Request a Callback

Enter your details and a specialist solicitor will reply within 24 hours.

If you wish to make a claim, contact a member of our team on 0141 378 0514 or alternatively, complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch!

We have listed some FAQ’s below to assist you.

The Process

It all starts with you. You can contact us by telephone or complete the online enquiry form to begin the process.

1. Once we have received your details a member of our team will contact you and take the necessary details to ascertain whether you have a valid claim.

2. We will send you an MIB form to complete and return to us which we will then forward to the MIB.

3. A report will be prepared detailing your injuries. We use this to value your claim.

4. We will negotiate a settlement with the MIB. Throughout the process we will give you our professional advice on any offers received.

5. Once an offer is accepted, you will receive a cheque with your settlement amount within a few weeks.

If you want to make a claim for personal injury, or just need some advice. You can contact a member of our team by any of the following means:

Meet us: 12 Fitzroy Place, Glasgow, G3 7RW
Call us:  0141 378 0514


When can I claim compensation?

You can claim compensation if you were driving a vehicle that was hit by either an uninsured driver or a driver that could not be traced, provided that you suffered injury as a result of the accident.

Who is the Motor Insurer’s Bureau (MIB)?

The Motor Insurer’s Bureau is an organisation that assists individuals who have suffered injury, through no fault of their own, and are unable to obtain compensation from an individual or insurance company.

What injuries can I claim for?
You can claim compensation for any physical injuries and may be entitled to claim compensation for any psychological injury.
What else can I claim for?
You can claim compensation for a number of other things including, any income that you lost out on as a result of the accident. You can also claim back any excess that you have paid.
How much will it cost me?
NOTHING! We pursue all of our claims on a ‘no win no fee’ basis which means you don’t pay a penny if you are not successful.
How much compensation will I receive?
The amount of compensation you receive is wholly dependent on what your injuries are and how long they take to resolve. As a result, it will not be possible for us to give you an estimate as to how much your claim will settle for. However, we will advise you of a figure that we believe to be reasonable for your injuries.
My child was involved in an accident, can they claim?
Yes. Even children can claim compensation if they suffered injury as the result of an accident.
How long do I have to claim?
If you were an adult at the time of the accident you have 3 years from the date of the accident to claim compensation for any injury. If you were a child at the time of the accident you have 3 years from your 16th birthday to claim compensation.

No Win No Fee

All of our personal injury claims will be dealt with on a ‘no win no fee’ basis. Which means if your claim is not successful you don’t pay a penny! Talk to us now on freephone 0141 378 0514 or contact us online to speak to one of our specialists today.

Find out more about No Win No Fee personal injury claims

Scroll to Top